Saturday, December 15, 2012

Newtown, Connecticut.

Like probably most people around the world I woke up to face the shock and horror as I read about the shootings at a school in Newtown, Connecticut. It is tooo hard to make any sense of why  - we may never know and even if we do it will not make the loss of the 20 children and the 6 adults any easier for those left behind to cope.  Much is being said about America's gun laws - and I have a sense that perhaps more meaningful conversations may occur in the White House that focus on how the gun laws can be amended.  As a parent I cannot imagine the loss and like may parents around the world today I have taken more time than usual to hug my kids.   

It is a clichĂ© but lets hope that from this tragedy something positive will be done   - I don't get the American gun laws. But it is a strange concept to me that you can walk into a Walmart purchase your weekly groceries and a fire arm as well!!!

CK

No comments:

Post a Comment